Recipe by katie in the UP
Found this recipe in Everyday Food Dec/2005 issue. Watercress and frisee are 2 of my favorite salad ingredients!!
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 cup walnuts, broken into pieces and toasted
- 3 -4 bunches watercress, trimmed
- 1 head frisee, core removed, leaves torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 bartlett pears, cored and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake vinegar and oil until thick and combined.
- Season dressing with salt and pepper, dressing can be made up to a day ahead and refrigerated, covered).
- In a large bowl, combine watercress, frisee, pears (you can use either red or yellow pears)and dressing.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Divide among plates; sprinkle with walnuts.