Recipe by Tebo
This is a low cal tangy soup that is quite filling. Serve it piping hot. Try a bit of grated nutmeg on this as well.
- 2 bunches watercress, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 1 tablespoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside 6 sprigs of watercress.
- Finely chop remaining stems and leaves (should be about 3 cups).
- Mix flour and 4 Tbs milk into a paste in a large saucepan.
- Slowly add milk, onion and salt.
- Cook over med heat stirring constantly until soup thickens.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in chopped watercress.
- Serve as is or puree in a blender if desired.
- Garnish with sprig of watercress.