Recipe by Bergy
This is a very attractive salad to put out on a corner of a buffet - Have either individual servings or one large platter. If it will sit for a period of time have the dressing on the side. Beautiful for a Christmas feast but good any time. I like the salad well chilled and the dressing at room temperature
- 1 lb beet, peeled,cooked and scooped with a 1/2 inch melon-ball cutter to produce 2 cups balls
- 3 bunches watercress, washed coarse stems removed
Walnut Oil Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup walnut oil
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange the cleaned watercress wreath like on 8 plates, and place the beet balls like berries on the wreath Dressing: In a blender or food processor beat together the vinegar, dijon mustard.
- Dressing: In a blender or food processor beat together the vinegar, dijon ,salt& pepper
- With the blender on very slowly pour in the walnut oil beat until well combined
- Just before serving drizzle the dressing over the salad.