Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This light and tasty dish is great for pot-lucks or even a light dinner. Substitute canned tuna with canned salmon, albacore, or fresh grilled fish. Use my Oriental Salad Dressing for other dishes as well.
- 2 bunches watercress, cut to 3-inch pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) package tofu, cut to 1-inch blocks
- 1 (6 ounce) light chunk tuna in water, flaked
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
Oriental Salad Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Drain tofu on paper towels in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- After tofu is drained, cut into 1" blocks.
- Heat pot of lightly salted water.
- Cut 2 inches off bottom of watercress and discard.
- Cut watercress into 3" pieces.
- When water comes to boil, add cut watercress and parboil for 30 seconds.
- Drain and cool in ice bath.
- Meanwhile, make Oriental Salad Dressing: Combine all other ingredients - soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds and blend.
- Arrange drained and cooled watercress on a platter with tofu, tomato, and fish.
- Drizzle with Oriental Salad Dressing at time of serving.
This is a great tasting recepie, especially after adding salmon baked in gourmet teriyaki sauce. They blend in nicely together.