Chef #665035's Note:
This light and tasty dish is great for pot-lucks or even a light dinner. Substitute canned tuna with canned salmon, albacore, or fresh grilled fish. Use my Oriental Salad Dressing for other dishes as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 bunches watercress, cut to 3-inch pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) package tofu, cut to 1-inch blocks
- 1 (6 ounce) light chunk tuna in water, flaked
- 1 medium tomato, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
Oriental Salad Dressing
- 1Drain tofu on paper towels in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- 2After tofu is drained, cut into 1" blocks.
- 3Heat pot of lightly salted water.
- 4Cut 2 inches off bottom of watercress and discard.
- 5Cut watercress into 3" pieces.
- 6When water comes to boil, add cut watercress and parboil for 30 seconds.
- 7Drain and cool in ice bath.
- 8Meanwhile, make Oriental Salad Dressing: Combine all other ingredients - soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds and blend.
- 9Arrange drained and cooled watercress on a platter with tofu, tomato, and fish.
- 10Drizzle with Oriental Salad Dressing at time of serving.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Watercress and Tofu Salad
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.3
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.7 mg
- Sodium 1161.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 18.1 g