Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Domino Magazine, June 2006. Because you are working with very few ingredients, you want to begin with the very best, freshest ingredients. Most especially, eschew limpy supermarket radishes! The cucumber is my addition and is optional. Perfect brunch item! Has a nice "bite"!
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 6 slices sourdough bread (read *Note)
- salt (if using salted butter, omit)
- 12 leaves watercress, leaves only
- 6 radishes, sliced thinly
- 1 small cucumbers (optional) or 1 small lemon cucumber, sliced thinly (optional)
- NOTE: Be sure to remove any excess moisture from the watercress, radishes (and cucumbers) so that the bread does not become soggy. For best results, assemble the sandwiches just before serving. The sourdough bread can be grilled if you want.
- Butter all the bread slices.
- Sprinkle the buttered bread with salt then evenly divide the watercress, radishes and cucumber on 3 bread slices.
- Place the other slice of bread on top and press down gently to seal.
- Cut sandwiches into quarters. Slice off the crusts and save to make bread crumbs later.