Recipe by TooAllergic
Spicy and Colorful. Wonderful cold or warm and wilted. I prefer the soft, creamy texture of the boiled potatoes, however, roasting them for a bit of crunch would be fabulous, I'm certain. This is great with baked fish or you can even stir in some store-bought rotisserie chicken for a quick, complete meal.
- 3 lbs potatoes (red, yukon gold, fingerlings, mixed)
- 1⁄4 lb bacon
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 cups watercress (loosely packed and very clean)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender. Time varies depending on the variety of potato. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, dice the bacon and saute until crisp. Drain on a towel. Dice and saute the red onion in the bacon fat until golden and crisp. Drain.
- In a large bowl combine next 7 ingredients and whisk until combined. Dressing will emulsify if you add the oil slowly, last, while whisking. Otherwise, stir before using -- no need to have it be emulsified.
- Slice potatoes and place in dresing. Sprinkle in the capers, bacon and onion.
- Add the washed and trimmed watercress just before serving.