Recipe by Chef Nado
Living in Haiti, I noticed they sell lots of watercress so I have put this very nice salad together. It's very refreshing and great to serve as a starter at dinner parties! If you can get some fennel, chop up the white bulb and add into your salad. Unfortunately, I cannot get any here... Am trying to grow it though... ;)
- 1 bunch watercress (depending of how many people you will serve)
- 1 (10 ounce) canof sliced mandarin oranges in light syrup
- 1⁄2 cup of sliverred roasted almonds
- 1 -2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 dash olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak and wash the watercress and dry.
- Open the can of sliced mandarin oranges. Preserve half the syrup in the can.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the remaining mandarin syrup.
- Toss watercress, mandarins and pour the vinaigrette over.
- Add your olive oil and mix everything together.
- Arrange into nice shallow salad plates and add the almond only when serving as they will get soggy.
- Now sit back and watch your guests enjoy!