Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
This makes two portions and can be easily multiplied up. Will freeze for upto one month.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 250 g carrots, chopped
- 2 cups fresh watercress
- 220 g canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently heat the oil and soften the onion. Add the carrots and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Tear the watercress and place in the pan, stalks and all. Stir well until the watercress wilts.
- Add the chickpeas, stock and cumin and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend until smooth and reheat in the pan if needed.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.