Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1 bunch watercress (8 ounces)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed mildly flavored oil
- 20 slices daikon radishes, in curls or 20 slices fresh hearts of palm, thin
- 8 slices carrots, in curls
- Lightly toast sesame seeds in a dry skillet and set aside.
- Remove leaves from watercress and reserve in large mixing bowl.
- Coarsely chop larger stems borrowing smaller stems to measure ½ cup stems in saucepan with just enough water to cover.
- Bring stems to a quick boil, drain and plunge into ice water.
- Drain stems well, squeezing out all moisture, and place in blender.
- Add salt, pepper, vinegar and oil; purée.
- Finely mince remaining stems and mix with dressing.
- Pour stems and dressing over leaves, adding half the sesame seeds.
- Garnish with daikon and carrot; sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds and serve.