Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is divine but you really need to try it to be convinced! While there seems to be a few ingredients it really is NOT a lot of work.
- 2 avocados
- 2 oranges
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 bunch watercress
- 2 green onions
- 1⁄4 cup dill leaves, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pistachios
- 3 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 2 bulbs shallots, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- Peel and segment oranges. Keep juice for dressing.
- Trim and peel asparagus. Blanche for 1 minute in boiling water and then place in cold water. Cut into thin discs.
- Remove watercress stems, wash and (spin) dry.
- Cut onion on the bias, (or dice).
- Toast pistachios in oven or frying pan (with no oil) until they swell a tiny bit and brown. Roughly chop the pistachios.
- Cut avocado and toss salad together. Season with salt and pepper.
- The sugar and mustard seed oil can be optional.
- Whisk together and set aside while making salad. Strain just before using and pour over salad just before serving.
- Toss salad gently before serving.