Recipe by Jen in Victoria, BC
Such an easy and inexpensive way to make watercolour paints. Lots of fun, too!
- 4 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- food coloring (liquid or gels)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix your baking soda and vinegar together and wait for the fizzing to stop. It’s handy if you mix it in a container that has a spout.
- Add your corn syrup and corn starch, and mix well until the corn starch has dissolved.
- Pour into ice cube trays, mini muffin pans, plastic egg cartons or small cups.
- Use small spoons or popsicle sticks to add your colours (the mixture will be quite thick so toothpicks don't work well), and stir for about a minute to make sure the colour is mixed in well.
- Let sit for 12-24 hours to harden.
- Grab a wet paintbrush and paint away!