Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Interesting Custard type pie .Found in a 1999 Home Cooking Magazine
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups cold water
- Pre heat oven to 350 deg.
- sprinkle flour and sugar into crust in alternating layers.
- Dot with butter.
- Add vanilla.
- Carefully pour in water.Do Not Stir.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes til center is like custard and not runny.
WHAT A SURPRISE!!! It had a very good flavor...Did not taste anything like what I was expecting. I'm not rating it now because I cooked it in the microwave and know that it affected the texture (boiled over). What a nice alternative for a custard lover who can no longer have milk. I will be making this the first time I need a desert . The ingredients were what made me try it. I"ll rate this once I have cooked it in the oven, and in a crust.