Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Super easy appetizer.....from my mother-in-law. Uses soy sauce, brown sugar, water chestnuts and bacon. That's it! Use whole uncut water chestnuts.
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) cans water chestnuts
- Cut each slice of bacon into three pieces.
- Soak drained water chestnuts in soy sauce for at least an hour.
- Roll water chestnut in brown sugar.
- Wrap in bacon,secure with toothpick.
- Bake at 325°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Hint: line pan with foil when baking.
These were great! I will be making them again.
These weren't as good as I had hoped. I was expecting a stronger taste and crispier bacon. Sorry!
YUM! One of my all time favorites. No holiday at my moms is complete without these. They don't last long! I have actually never used brown sugar, usually just soak in soy sauce, wrap and bake. I will definitely try the sugar next time we make these! Thanks!