Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was adapted from the Company's Coming Appetizers Cookbook. I use sliced water chestnuts as they make for a more "dainty" appetizer. Prep time includes time to marinate.
- 274 ml sliced water chestnuts, drained (Small can)
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml white sugar
- 8 slice bacon, cut in half crosswise (half cooked or raw)
- Marinate water chestnuts in soy sauce for 30 mnutes to 1 hour. Stir them often to distribute.
- Remove chestnuts and coat in sugar.
- Wrap bacon around 2 or 3 slices of chestnut, securing with a toothpick. Arrange on baking sheet. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 10-20 minutes until bacon is cooked. May also be broiled.
- For variety, try rolling them in brown sugar.
- Sugar may be omitted entirely if preferred.
Saturn, I made these when our son's friends were over and they were a hit. I have a recipe also for water chestnuts but wanted it to try it with soy sauce for a change and so glad I did. Thank you for a wonderful recipe!!
Yummy, crunchy and flavourful, another great addition to an appy tray. Probably be good with brown sugar too! Thanks for posting!!