Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this salad on a whim one day and all of my customers loved it.
- 1 (106 fluid ounce) can water chestnuts
- 5⁄8 lb green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 lb red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 4 1⁄2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup of minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup minced ginger
- 2 cups rice vinegar
- 3 cups tamari soy sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup water
- For the dressing-In a large bowl add garlic, ginger, vinegar, tamari, honey, sesame seeds, and water. Whisk until all ingredients are combined.
- Cut all veggies as directed above and transfer into an insanly large bowl or container, add dressing and mix well. Cool in the fridge or eat right away.
- You may also cook this and add chicken/beef/seitan/tofu.
I really liked this. I had to make a few changes. I had no peppers or cabbage. I used a carrot, julienned instead of celery. I also made a 1/8 recipe, since it is just me. I am looking forward to trying it with the peppers and cabbage soon. This is a delicious recipe, and very forgiving and inspiring. Thanks for posting it.