1/1 Photo of Water Chestnut and Tofu Stir Fry
Little Westie's Note:
A vegetarian stir fry dish with great colour, flavour and texture. It is my own creation born out of a love of healthy vegetables. Like all good stir fry's it requires a bit of preparation but once prepared it all comes together quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 375 g firm tofu
- 1/2 cup good cooking oil
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets and chop stalk into thin slices
- 1 small red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 5 button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into thin sticks
- 200 g sliced water chestnuts
- 450 g hokkien noodles
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 red chilies
- 1 medium red onion
- 1/3 cup teriyaki marinade
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1Rinse Tofu, cut into bite size cubes and place in a marinating bowl.
- 2Peel and grate ginger, peel and slice red onion into small wedges, crush the garlic and chop the chillies and place into bowl with Tofu. Discard chili seeds to reduce heat if desired.
- 3Pour Teriyaki sauce and sesame oil over the Tofu, stir around mixture to evenly coat the Tofu and refrigerate for an hour.
- 4Mix cornflour with a little water to create a thin paste.
- 5Over high heat, heat the cooking oil in a large wok, add the Tofu mixture and lightly fry off the Tofu. Remove Tofu from wok and keep to one side.
- 6Over high heat pour the water into the wok and bring to the boil then pour in the chili sauce and cornflour mixture.
- 7Add carrot, broccoli and capsicum and cook until slightly tender.
- 8Prepare Hokkien noodles as per packet instructions.
- 9Add mushrooms and drained water chestnuts.
- 10Pour Tofu mixture back into the wok and add soy sauce.
- 11Add noodles stir through and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Water Chestnut and Tofu Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (729 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 989.3
- Calories from Fat 411
- Total Fat 45.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 95.9 mg
- Sodium 1664.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 35.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce