Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A vegetarian stir fry dish with great colour, flavour and texture. It is my own creation born out of a love of healthy vegetables. Like all good stir fry's it requires a bit of preparation but once prepared it all comes together quickly.
- 375 g firm tofu
- 1⁄2 cup good cooking oil
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets and chop stalk into thin slices
- 1 small red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 5 button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into thin sticks
- 200 g sliced water chestnuts
- 450 g hokkien noodles
- 1⁄3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 red chilies
- 1 medium red onion
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki marinade
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Rinse Tofu, cut into bite size cubes and place in a marinating bowl.
- Peel and grate ginger, peel and slice red onion into small wedges, crush the garlic and chop the chillies and place into bowl with Tofu. Discard chili seeds to reduce heat if desired.
- Pour Teriyaki sauce and sesame oil over the Tofu, stir around mixture to evenly coat the Tofu and refrigerate for an hour.
- Mix cornflour with a little water to create a thin paste.
- Over high heat, heat the cooking oil in a large wok, add the Tofu mixture and lightly fry off the Tofu. Remove Tofu from wok and keep to one side.
- Over high heat pour the water into the wok and bring to the boil then pour in the chili sauce and cornflour mixture.
- Add carrot, broccoli and capsicum and cook until slightly tender.
- Prepare Hokkien noodles as per packet instructions.
- Add mushrooms and drained water chestnuts.
- Pour Tofu mixture back into the wok and add soy sauce.
- Add noodles stir through and serve immediately.