Recipe by Caroline Cooks
"Waste not, want not", my Grandma's favorite expression. I know that she would approve of this delicious Clean-Out-The-Fridge soup. For herbs, use your favorites. (a little dill is tasty.) Make it your own, by adding whatever veggies you need to use, green beans, peas, carrots, potatoes, even chopped spinach.
Top Review by A Good Thing
Caroline, this soup is divine! I made recipe#417940 for the Alfredo sauce base and made the rest as written. We could not have been happier with this delectable soup! My grandmother used the "waste not, want not" saying around our house too! Thanks for reminding me of her today - Easter. She always went out of her way to make our holidays so special. Great memories and great PAC 2010 find!
- 274.13 g jarclassico creamy alfredo sauce or 212.62 g alfredo sauce, homemade
- 59.14 ml celery, chopped
- 59.14 ml onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml butter
- 236.59-473.18 ml milk, depending on thickness desired
- cooked cauliflower, chopped bite-sized (or can use cooked potatoes)
- cooked ham, chopped bite-sized
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning or 4.92 ml herbs, of your choices
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large sauce pan, melt butter over MED-Hi heat and saute celery and onions to soften.
- Lower heat to MED-LOW.
- Add milk and Alfredo sauce; whisking to blend.
- Add seasonings.
- When smooth, add ham and cauliflower.
- Let come to simmer; cook about 20-25 minutes, or until desired thickness is reached.
- Remove to bowls and enjoy!