1/2 Photos of Waste Not, Want Not Creamy Cauliflower-Ham Soup
Caroline Cooks's Note:
"Waste not, want not", my Grandma's favorite expression. I know that she would approve of this delicious Clean-Out-The-Fridge soup. For herbs, use your favorites. (a little dill is tasty.) Make it your own, by adding whatever veggies you need to use, green beans, peas, carrots, potatoes, even chopped spinach.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 0.667 (14 1/2 ounce) jar classico creamy alfredo sauce or 7 1/2 ounces alfredo sauce, homemade
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 -2 cup milk, depending on thickness desired
- 1In large sauce pan, melt butter over MED-Hi heat and saute celery and onions to soften.
- 2Lower heat to MED-LOW.
- 3Add milk and Alfredo sauce; whisking to blend.
- 4Add seasonings.
- 5When smooth, add ham and cauliflower.
- 6Let come to simmer; cook about 20-25 minutes, or until desired thickness is reached.
- 7Remove to bowls and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Waste Not, Want Not Creamy Cauliflower-Ham Soup
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.1
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 111.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: