Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
This is my breakfast nearly every morning and a great way to use up those almost-a-bowl-of-cereals in the bottom of the box.
- 1⁄4 cup quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup puffed rice cereal (or wheat or Kashi)
- 1⁄4 cup leftover cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon fat-free margarine
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional) or 1⁄4 teaspoon maple extract (optional)
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large cereal bowl.
- Add water, extracts, and stir. (water may need to be adjusted based on cereal used).
- Microwave 1-1/2 minutes.
- Add margarine, soy milk, and stir.
- Let stand 1 to 2 minutes until desired consistency.