Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Most wassail recipes include either cranberry or pineapple juice but this one has neither. Delicious served with gingersnaps or gingerbread cookies. This makes a large quantity but is easily halved.
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 8 cups apple juice
- 1 (4 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 12 -24 whole cloves (I prefer 12)
- 4 cups grapefruit juice
- 4 cups orange juice
- Heat sugars, apple juice, cinnamon and cloves until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil.
- Add grapefruit juice and orange juice and heat, not boiling.
- If you prepare this early in the day it will fill your house with a wonderful Christmasy aroma.