Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Good on cold days, a really fun drink!
- 2 quarts apple juice or 2 quarts cider
- 1 pint cranberry juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 small orange, studded with whole cloves
- 1 cup rum
- put all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour then on low 4-8 hours.
- Serve warm.
Well, it would be good to say how much cloves should be studded into that orange. We obviously put in way to many, because it was undrinkable. After MUCH diluting with additional cider, apple juice and orange juice, we managed to salvage the lot.
We loved it and the aroma was delicious too. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
I made this for our New Years Day Open House Buffet. I increased the ingredients to fill a 5 quart crockpot and added 2 apple slices which floated in the mix. The strong cinnamon aroma got the interest of our guests. Everyone tried it. Most went back for a second cup...your guests will remember this treat for sure.