Found this recipe tucked inside a cookbook I picked up at a yard sale many years ago. You will need a candy thermometer for this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare cookie sheets by greasing and flouring; set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 300F/150°C.
- 3Combine sugar and water in a saucepan. Cook until mixture reaches thread stage (230F/110C). Remove from heat.
- 4Stir in almonds and chocolate chips using a wooden spoon.
- 5Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- 6Gradually add icing sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until well blended.
- 7Add almond and chocolate mixture and stir well.
- 8Drop by half teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- 9Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cookies are very dry.
- 10Let stand 10 minutes.
- 11Transfer to wire racks to cook completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wasp Nest Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1001 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.2
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 141.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 59.0 g
- Protein 10.1 g