Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've been known to invite a few neighbours over on a summer afternoon and cook these buggers in a pot over a hot charcoal grill. Crack open an ice-cold beer and enjoy!
- In a large pot, add the oil, garlic, and onion.
- When its hot, add the Tabasco, oregano and basil.
- When it's really hot, add the mussels and gently stir them around until the mussels just begin to open.
- Now pour in most of the wine (save enough for a glass for yourself), vinegar, and butter.
- Put the lid on the pot and steam for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- When they are fully opened, you are ready to serve into bowls (so you can include some broth with each serving).
- Serve with slightly crisp garlic bread to soak up the broth.