Recipe by JanetB-KY
With an ex b/f from Washington State who grew up eating LOTS of apples grown there, I have was at one point collecting more Apple recipes and this is one of the tastier ways to get in a serving of fruit, albeit certainly not low fat hehehe.This is a great family dessert. Creamy yet not too heavy and you can pretend it's good for you because of the Apple Pie filling.
Top Review by Jess_WI
Very sweet but tasty. I realized too late that I should have let the cream cheese come to room temp, because it stayed somewhat chunky- Guess I have to work on my cheesecake skills! Will make again!
- 1 (6 ounce) keebler graham cracker pie crusts
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, toasted**
Directions See How It's Made
- Place crust on baking sheet & spread half of the apple filling in crust; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy; add eggs, one at a time, mixing until just combined after each addition then gently spread over filling in crust.
- Bake on baking sheet at 350ºF for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is almost set; cool for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours; spread with remaining pie filling; drizzle with ice cream topping & garnish with pecans. Store in refrigerator.