Recipe by clw721
My favorite pancake mix which is no longer available to buy .
Top Review by waughs
This company used to put out the very best pancake mix in the world. It was as cheap as plain flour, and anyone who used it was automatically a pancake rockstar. Somehow, it wasn't commercially viable. Maybe it wasn't expensive enough. People couldn't believe that it was good and just didn't try it. Now, the company has stopped selling the mix and have just given away their recipe. Their loss is my gain, and yours too, if you take advantage of it. You definitely want to try this recipe. Just be sure that it doesn't come out thick. Add a bit more milk if the pancakes are coming out too tall. And two eggs may work a bit better than one. You know the difference between Bisquick and beach sand? If you absolutely had to, you might be able to make pancakes out of beach sand.
- 1 cup washington self rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup indian head yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix with wire whip until batter is uniform. Pour onto 400F griddle and cook about 1 minute on each side, turning when bubbles form on top.
- Note: Different brands of baking powder may give different batter thicknesses. If needed, add more or less milk to get the desired pancake thickness.
- Variation: For a buttermilk pancake, substitute 1¼ cup + 2 tbsp buttermilk for the milk. As above, use more or less buttermilk to get the desired pancake thickness.