Recipe by vika4321
I've learned this recipe in Russia, where Jello is used for cakes very often. If you like Jello you should love this.
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 3 (3 ounce) packages gelatin
- 500 ml cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups fruit, of choice sliced (kiwi, strawberries, etc)
- 1 (6 ounce) package Jello gelatin
- plastic wrap
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake a sponge cake according to box directions, or beat eggs and sugar using mixer, add baking powder and flour, mix again and bake.
- Mix 2 packs (about 2 tbsp) of gelatine with 1 cup of water and leave standing for 30-40 minute Warm the mixture up without boiling, and then let it cool down. In a meantime, beat the cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar with mixer until sugar dissolves, and then mix it with gelatine liquid.
- Prepare Jello to directions, adding 1 pack of gelatine to the jello mixture (so it will hold better) or you can use special gelatine made for cakes.
- Line the cake pan with plastic wrap. Arrange sliced fruits to your liking. Pour Jello mixture over and let it stand until it gets stiff. Slice up the sponge cake into small cubes, and arrange cubes into 1 layer over the fruit/jello layer. Pour some of the creamcheese mixture to cover the sponge cubes. Repeat the sponge and then creamchese layer until no more spongecake left. Put a plate on top, put smth heavy for pressure and leave in the fridge overnight. In the morning, remove plate, put a cake board on top, turn it over, remove the pan and wrap and enjoy.