1/5 Photos of Washington Apple Cake
2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Chef Buggsy Mate's Note:
My mother in-law gave me this recipe this past Christmas. The cake is wonderful and the icing well lets just say it takes the cake!
My Private Note
Sheet C ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 5 medium apples, peeled cored and thinly sliced
- 1Butter a 9x13" cake pan and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, beat eggs at high speed until thick and light in color.
- 3Combine sugar and oil and beat into eggs.
- 4Stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- 5Add to egg mixture along with vanilla.
- 6Stir in nuts.
- 7Spread apple slices in bottom of buttered cake pan.
- 8Pour batter over apples, spreading to cover.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees 1 hour or until top is pale golden and apples are cooked.
- 10Remove from oven.
- 11Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
- 12When completely cool top with cream cheese icing.
- 13Cream Cheese Icing:.
- 14Beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- 15Beat in 1/4 c melted butter.
- 16Stir in 1-3/4 c confectioners sugar and 1 tsp lemon juice.
- 17Spread over cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Washington Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.4
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 54.2 mg
- Sodium 219.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 38.2 g
- Protein 4.2 g