How to clean the Yuck from your washer. This was just posted in today's Heloise hints.I just got done using it & it got rid of all the gummed up liquid fabric softener under the agitator. Makes it smell fresh & clean too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 gallon jug filled with hot tap water
- 2 -4 cups household chlorine bleach
- 1Set the machine on the highest water level, put the water temperature on hot & set on a "normal" wash cycle.
- 2Fill a gallon jug with hot tap water.
- 3When the cycle begins, stop it & add the gallon of water. Be careful not to overfill-you just want to get the water level up high enough to reach that yucky upper rim.
- 4Next, add 2 to 4 cups of household chlorine bleach. Close the lid & restart the wash cycle.
- 5After a few minutes, stop the cycle, but don't open the lid.
- 6Let the washer sit for 30-plus minutes to give the bleach & hot water time to work at removing all the "yuck" you did see & also that you didn't see. Let the machine finish the wash cycle, & then open the lid to air out the inside.
- 7Your washing machine should be sqeaky-clean & ready to handle laundry.
- 8Note: Before doing a load of towels, take one & wipe the inside rim of the tub, the farbic softener dispenser & other areas where "yuck" seems to accumulate just to stay on top of buildups that can cause odors!
Browse Our Top Non-Food Products Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Non-Food Products Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Washer Cleaner
Serving Size: 1 (3792 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 113.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: