Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love this recipe so much. A delicious wasabi/sesame tuna steak and sweetened green beans. Serve with basmati rice for a fabulous date night meal - but quick and easy enough for a family too. (I think I got this recipe from epicurious, but its been so long ago that I dont remember) - Laurah
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 14.78 ml wasabi powder
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2 (226.79-340.19 g) tuna steaks, 1 inch thick (or more)
- 453.59 g fresh green beans
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 59.14 ml golden brown sugar
- Mix soy, wasabi and garlic powder in a glas 8X10 baking dish. Add tuna and turn several times to coat. Let stand 15 minutes each side. (For extra flavor, I marinate up to 30 minutes each side but dont do longer because the marinade will over whelm the tuna eventually).
- Cook beans in a large pot of boiling water for about 4 minutes.
- Heat sesame oil at med-high. When hot, sear tuna 2 (ish) minutes each side- pepper each side before searing. Remove tuna steaks and add the marinade, brown sugar and beans. Cook until reduced - about 4 minutes.
- Serve with white or brown rice.
Very tasty. DH said 3 stars but I gave 4, probably would have been better if I used the whole amount of wasabi. I measured 1 tsp and that seemed like a lot but couldn't taste it at all in the final dish. I also subbed 2 packets of truvia for the brown sugar and the sweetness was perfect. Next time I'll use the whole 3 tsp of wasabi and will update my review. Thanks!