Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From gimme some oven, adapted from a Rachael Ray recipe.
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes, cut into large chunks (or russet potatoes)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup warmed milk
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste (add (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 scallions, diced, and root end trimmed
- Place potatoes, garlic and salt in large saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are done (when a fork can easily be inserted into them). Drain well.
- Add the butter, milk, wasabi paste, and soy sauce. Use a potato masher to mash well and combine. Then with a wooden spoon, mix in scallions and continue mixing to your desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.