Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love a nice big dinner salad, and this one is great when you feel like something reminiscent of sushi.
- 8 ounces fresh sushi grade tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, divided
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded daikon radish
- 2 cups salad greens
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- pickled ginger, for garnish
- Mix wasabi powder with just enough soy sauce to make a thick paste.
- Rub wasabi paste onto both sides of tuna steaks.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Sear tuna for about 30-45 seconds on each side, just enough to get a crust.
- Slice tuna thin, and set aside.
- Arrange salad greens on a plate, and top with tuna, avocado, ginger, and daikon.
- Mix remaining soy sauce, oil, rice vinegar, and a little of the juice from the ginger if you have some, drizzle onto salads, and salt and pepper to taste.
- This goes great with Miso soup and a little sticky rice.
It doesn't get much quicker than this. I did use more greens than specified and a quarter of a very large avocado for each serving. I think that the pickled ginger is a must. For the picked ginger, I used recipe #424955. This was made for the *Diabetic Asian Challenge ZWT6*
I made this for ZWT #6 and I'm a Quisine Queen! This is definitely a keeper if you like Ahi tuna at your sushi bar, you'll love this.
This was a perfect lunch for me today. I cooked the tuna last night for dinner and had it with an avocado salsa. Today the tuna was ready for the salad (the last of the sweet lettuce from the garden) so I just threw the rest of it together and thoroughly enjoyed the flavors! LOVE wasabi coated Tuna and if you ever get a chance make some wasabi mashed potatoes to go with it. They are absolutely the BEST combination!! (Emmy you will love them!) Just got batteries for my camera this afternoon so I am sorry I couldn't take a picture of this :(, it was beautiful! But I will definitely make it again and I promise I'll snap a shot for you when I do... Made for one of our Babes in Zaarland, Emmy herself! during ZWT4 Family Picks.