1/4 Photos of Wasabi Seared Tuna Salad
I love a nice big dinner salad, and this one is great when you feel like something reminiscent of sushi.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix wasabi powder with just enough soy sauce to make a thick paste.
- 2Rub wasabi paste onto both sides of tuna steaks.
- 3Heat 1 tbsp oil in a nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- 4Sear tuna for about 30-45 seconds on each side, just enough to get a crust.
- 5Slice tuna thin, and set aside.
- 6Arrange salad greens on a plate, and top with tuna, avocado, ginger, and daikon.
- 7Mix remaining soy sauce, oil, rice vinegar, and a little of the juice from the ginger if you have some, drizzle onto salads, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 8This goes great with Miso soup and a little sticky rice.
Browse Our Top Japanese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wasabi Seared Tuna Salad
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.5
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 43.0 mg
- Sodium 574.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar