Recipe by EmmyDuckie
I love a nice big dinner salad, and this one is great when you feel like something reminiscent of sushi.
Top Review by PaulaG
It doesn't get much quicker than this. I did use more greens than specified and a quarter of a very large avocado for each serving. I think that the pickled ginger is a must. For the picked ginger, I used recipe #424955. This was made for the *Diabetic Asian Challenge ZWT6*
- 8 ounces fresh sushi grade tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, divided
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded daikon radish
- 2 cups salad greens
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- pickled ginger, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix wasabi powder with just enough soy sauce to make a thick paste.
- Rub wasabi paste onto both sides of tuna steaks.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Sear tuna for about 30-45 seconds on each side, just enough to get a crust.
- Slice tuna thin, and set aside.
- Arrange salad greens on a plate, and top with tuna, avocado, ginger, and daikon.
- Mix remaining soy sauce, oil, rice vinegar, and a little of the juice from the ginger if you have some, drizzle onto salads, and salt and pepper to taste.
- This goes great with Miso soup and a little sticky rice.