Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A really charming canape which reflects the fusion style of New Zealand cooking.
- 603.27 g salmon fillets
- 59.14 ml olive oil or 59.14 ml melted butter
- 7.39 ml wasabi
- 14.79 ml sesame seeds
- 8 sheet phyllo pastry
- 4 kiwi fruits
- 2.46 ml finely grated ginger
- 4.92 ml mild chili
- salt and pepper
- Prepare the salmon:.
- Cook the salmon fillet in the oil or butter in a skillet for about two minutes on each side; the interior should still be rare since the salmon will continue to cook in the oven.
- Remove the skin.
- Place the fillet on a work surface and spread with the wasabi.
- Cut into strips about the size of a finger.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Lay out a sheet of phyllo pastry flat and brush it with melted butter or oil, cover with another sheet of pastry and brush again, cut into thirds.
- Place a strip of salmon on the edge of one of the pastry strips, fold over the two sides and roll up, repeat the process for the remaining pieces of salmon.
- Brush each roll with a little oil or butter, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 8 to 12 or until the pastry is nicely browned.
- Serve while warm.
- Making the sauce:.
- Peel the kiwis.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree.
- Pour into a bowl and serve with the salmon fingers.