Chef Kate's Note:
A really charming canape which reflects the fusion style of New Zealand cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 lbs salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup olive oil or 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons wasabi
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1Prepare the salmon:.
- 2Cook the salmon fillet in the oil or butter in a skillet for about two minutes on each side; the interior should still be rare since the salmon will continue to cook in the oven.
- 3Remove the skin.
- 4Place the fillet on a work surface and spread with the wasabi.
- 5Cut into strips about the size of a finger.
- 6Preheat oven to 400°F
- 7Lay out a sheet of phyllo pastry flat and brush it with melted butter or oil, cover with another sheet of pastry and brush again, cut into thirds.
- 8Place a strip of salmon on the edge of one of the pastry strips, fold over the two sides and roll up, repeat the process for the remaining pieces of salmon.
- 9Brush each roll with a little oil or butter, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 10Bake for 8 to 12 or until the pastry is nicely browned.
- 11Serve while warm.
- 12Making the sauce:.
- 13Peel the kiwis.
- 14Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree.
- 15Pour into a bowl and serve with the salmon fingers.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wasabi Salmon Fingers in Phyllo With Kiwi Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.8
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 79.0 mg
- Sodium 295.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 34.3 g