Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from Je Mange la Ville, these make a great side dish for steak or salmon. So easy...made them in my toaster oven using leftover mashed potatoes...and the warm, melty cream cheese inside is a nice surprise.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the garlic, wasabi and salt and pepper to the mashed potatoes. Get the potatoes to where you like them seasoning-wise, as the amount of wasabi will depend on the strength/age of the wasabi and how much you can handle!
- Slice up 8 small little cubes of your cream cheese. Add the extra seasoning to the bread crumbs if you are using it and set aside in a small bowl. Prepare a baking sheet with foil wrap.
- Form the mashed potatoes into eight 2-inch balls. Make an indentation with you finger and insert 1 cheese cube in the center of a ball, then roll it into bread crumbs and place on cookie sheet. Repeat with the 7 remaining balls, rinsing your hands as needed so the potatoes form evenly and don’t stick to the bread crumbs in your hand. It is a truly messy process.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, and serve immediately.
What a great side dish these were. I made these the other day and was surprised with my family that they liked them. I loved them. I will be making these again.