Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
For the brave ones!
- 8 cups popped popcorn, warm
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons prepared wasabi
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Microwave butter 20 seconds or until melted; stir in wasabi until well blended.
- Drizzle wasabi butter over popcorn and stir to distribute.
- Sprinkle with salt and sugar, if desired, and stir again.
It was fun changing up our usual popcorn. I enjoyed the heat and the slight sweetness. I was the only one in my family who would eat it, though! I guess I'm the brave one. ;) Thanks for a fun take on popcorn.
Little, this was some great popcorn. I like to 'mix it up' sometimes, and this snack is just different enough. I followed the recipe as written, using wasabi powder, and we really liked it (including my 6 y.o. DS.) It was kinda like wasabi kettle corn. YUM! I will most certainly keep this in mind when we are looking to spice up the ordinary! Thanks for sharing, littlemafia!
Loved the heat. I have to admit, I left out the sugar....just couldn't imagine it in the mix. Sorry for not staying true to the recipe. I also added some cracked black peppercorns. Yummy!