Recipe by b_dazzld
Great way to kick up mashed potatoes! My boyfriend loved 'em., Can be made ahead of time, just reheat on the stove.
Top Review by jenhosey
The first time I made this recipe I followed the ingredients which states 4 tablespoons wasabi powder and the potatoes were WAY too spicy. The directions then below list 1 tablespoon of wasabi powder for 6 servings. I would be cautious of how much wasabi you use, it can ruin the whole thing. I use 1 teaspoon to 1.5 and that is perfect. Tastes great with miso salmon!
- 3 lbs russet potatoes, peeled,cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk or 3⁄4 cup cream
- 1 -2 clove garlic
- 4 tablespoons wasabi powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in large pot of cold salted water with 1-2 garlic clove (s).
- Boil until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Return to pot; mash.
- Combine 3/4 cup milk or cream and 1 tablespoon wasabi powder in small bowl.
- Stir to dissolve powder.
- Add milk mixture and butter to potatoes.
- Using electric mixer, beat potatoes until fluffy and smooth.
- Season potatoes to taste with salt and pepper.