1 hr 15 mins
Originally found in Coastal Living... adapted to fit our tastes. Plan ahead -- need to marinate at least 1 hour!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup finely minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar (I use honey)
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil, divided
- 4 (6 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
- 8 slices ciabatta or 4 rolls, split
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 1/2 cups very finely shredded napa cabbage
- 1 cup very finely shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1Whisk together first 7 ingredients in a bowl; whisk in 2 tablespoons sesame oil. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade, and set aside. Place fillets in a zip-top plastic bag; pour remaining marinade over fillets. Seal bag; chill 1 hour.
- 2Remove fish and discard marinade. Grill fish, skin side up, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn fish, and grill 3 to 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and discard skin. Cover and keep warm. Grill bread slices 3 minutes or until toasted. Set aside.
- 3Stir together remaining 2 tablespoons sesame oil and tahini. Stir sesame oil mixture into reserved 1/2 cup marinade.
- 4Combine Napa cabbage and next 3 ingredients in a bowl. Pour marinade mixture over slaw; toss gently to combine.
- 5Lightly spread one side of each bread slice with mayonnaise. Place fish over 4 pieces of bread; top with slaw and remaining 4 pieces of bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wasabi-Infused Mahi-Mahi Sandwiches With Napa Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.5
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 124.1 mg
- Sodium 681.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 35.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar