Recipe by kittycatmom
Originally found in Coastal Living... adapted to fit our tastes. Plan ahead -- need to marinate at least 1 hour!
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar (I use honey)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame oil, divided
- 4 (6 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
- 8 slices ciabatta or 4 rolls, split
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 1⁄2 cups very finely shredded napa cabbage
- 1 cup very finely shredded red cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together first 7 ingredients in a bowl; whisk in 2 tablespoons sesame oil. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade, and set aside. Place fillets in a zip-top plastic bag; pour remaining marinade over fillets. Seal bag; chill 1 hour.
- Remove fish and discard marinade. Grill fish, skin side up, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn fish, and grill 3 to 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and discard skin. Cover and keep warm. Grill bread slices 3 minutes or until toasted. Set aside.
- Stir together remaining 2 tablespoons sesame oil and tahini. Stir sesame oil mixture into reserved 1/2 cup marinade.
- Combine Napa cabbage and next 3 ingredients in a bowl. Pour marinade mixture over slaw; toss gently to combine.
- Lightly spread one side of each bread slice with mayonnaise. Place fish over 4 pieces of bread; top with slaw and remaining 4 pieces of bread.