Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use this as a spread,dip or toss as a dressing for your salad of greens or grilled flake tuna. No need for salt but if you need to try a touch of soy sauce.
- 1 -2 teaspoon wasabi powder, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (Lite is fine)
- 1 -2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh herb (your mix of lemongrass, basil, parsley or cilantro)
- soy sauce, to taste
- Mix all ingredients and enjoy!
This was wonderful. We served this sauce over Wasabi Salmon Cakes Wasabi Salmon Cakes, and mixed in with our brown rice. We used prepared wasabi, and mixed everything together and kept tasting until it was perfect. Thanks for a great combo of flavors!
This was good, but I thought that the lime was a bit overwhelming--and I didn't even use all the zest. I think in future I will use only a pinch of zest or leave it out altogether. All in all, I thought it was a tasty sauce to go with Wasabi Salmon Cakes. Thanks for posting, Rita!
I thought this was pretty good, but my husband has me add some sour cream and rice vinegar. Also my wasabi powder isn't that hot and I had to add extra. I didn't have fresh herbs so I omitted them. We used this as a dip for fresh vegetables and liked it.