Recipe by Judith N.
Clipped this out of our local paper awhile back. It sounds so yummy. I have not made it as yet but I am putting it here for safe keeping. Be sure to use freshly made wasabi paste available at sushi bars, large supermarkets or Asian markets. Because the wasabi and the avocado are the same color, be sure to mix the ingredients well.
- 1 large ripe Hass avocado
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon tsps minced pickled ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed and minced
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve the avocado, remove seed. With a paring knife, crisscross through the flesh; using a teaspoon, scoop out the diced flesh into a medium-sized bowl. Add the lime juice.
- Using a fork or pastry blender, mash the avocado, leaving some texture. Add the wasabi paste, ginger, cilantro, garlic and a pinch of salt (to taste). Mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more wasabi and salt if needed.
- Serve with tortilla chips or deep-fried won ton triangles. Makes about 1 cup.