Recipe by freddwhy
Being an avid off-shore fisherman(and I cannot stomach canned tuna) there is plenty of fresh Tuna steaks around during the season. As tuna does not freeze well (unless its processed) we tend to cook more than needed at times and this recipe was developed for the left overs. Now I grill Tuna just to make the salad.
- 16 ounces tuna steaks
- 2 celery ribs (Finely Chopped)
- 2 scallions (Chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Grill to 350 degrees.
- Salt and pepper the tuna steaks.
- Spray grill with non stick spay and grill tuna until medium well done.
- Flake the tuna apart with a fork. Add to a large mixing bowl and allow to cool. After cooling add the celery and green onion and mix well.
- Combine the Sour Cream, Mayonnaise, White Vinegar and Wasabi in a small bowl and whisk. Add mixture to tuna and stir until all the meat is coated. Chill and serve on toast or on a leaf of Romaine lettuce.