Recipe by Chasfoodie
This is an EXCELLENT and easy tuna recipe. It's perfect for grilling on those warm summer nights.
Top Review by Chef Kelly Bug
Excellent recipe! We really enjoyed both the tuna and the sauce!!! I added a little more wasabi to the sauce because it wasn't hot enough for me...I like it hot!!! My husband and my 6 year old loved this as well. I used low fat mayo and reduced sodium soy. Made as directed...but cooked the tuna about 5 minutes on each side so that it was only pink in the middle, not as rare...because even though we used sushi grade my husband has this thing about meats still red....LOL!! It was still delish as medium rare.
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder or 1 teaspoon dry hot mustard
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon wasabi powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon dry hot mustard
- 2 fresh tuna steaks (1 1/2 lbs total, 1 1/2 inch thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix wasabi and water to make a paste.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar, mayonnaise and garlic.
- Set aside.
- Prepare grill with medium-hot coals.
- In a cup, mix the soy sauce, oil, and wasabi powder.
- Brush on tuna.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side for rare tuna.
- Thinly slice the tuna and serve with the Wasabi sauce.