Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Quick and healthy recipe for tuna. Add more wasabi and/or ginger to make it spicier. We like it a lot hotter, but this version is more universal. If you're not dieting, serve on a bed of jasmine rice. If you are, serve with some mixed vegetables topped with salt and a splash of soy sauce.
- 29.58 ml low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 4 (680.38 g) tuna steaks (1 inch thick)
- 29.58 ml ginger marmalade (substitute dried, fresh or pressed pickled ginger for healthier)
- 9.85 ml wasabi paste
- cooking spray
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- Spoon 1 tablespoon soy sauce over fish and let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ginger, and 2 teaspoons wasabi paste in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Spoon marmalade mixture over tuna.
- Cook 1 minute or to desired wellness (recommend rare as best, medium-rare at maximum).
- Remove tuna from pan.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
This was DELICIOUS. My first time eating tuna steak, or any rare fish for that matter. I really liked it. The glaze didn't seem overkill to the tuna itself. One more thing, I didn't really know what ginger marmalade was...so I just mixed some ginger puree with some sugar free marmalade, lol! Thank you very much for posting this recipe.