Recipe by Chef at Large
Great appetizer. The crisp coating for the shrimp provides texture and a flavour hit for your guests.
- 1⁄2 cup wasabi peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pickled ginger, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind wasabi peas into powder with apinch of salt in a coffee grinder or food processor.
- Sprinkle salt over shrimps.
- Whisk egg white with a pinch of salt until foamy.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Hold shrimp by the tails and dip into ground wasabi peas to coat the shrimp.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat half the oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add half of shrimp and fry for 1 to 2 minutes per side until coating is crisy and shrimp are curled.
- Repeat with remaining oil and shrimp.
- Serve hot or cold with ginger dip.
- Ginger Dip:.
- Combine pickled ginger, mayonnaise, green onions, lemon juice and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Serve with shrimps.