1 hr 5 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Wasabi spiked shrimp served on skewers with a Pan Asian soba noodle salad, accompanied by ribbons of mango, and fresh vegetables. Served with an Asian Peanut Red Curry Sauce. I had an issue with the program accepting the recipe for the sauce. The recipe is below the recipe for the satays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 283.49 g soba noodles
- 14.79 ml ginger, peeled & finely chopped
- 14.79 ml shallot, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml rice vinegar
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml miso
- 59.14 ml sesame oil
- 4.92 ml Thai red curry paste
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 236.59 ml wasabi peas
- 473.18 ml breadcrumbs
- 14.79 ml Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 9.85 ml wasabi powder
- 24 medium shrimp
- 118.29 ml olive oil, divided use
- 59.14 ml green onion, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml carrot, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml red pepper, small diced
- 59.14 ml peanuts, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml mango, shaved into thin ribbons
- 354.88 ml red curry peanut sauce
- fresh cilantro stem
- 19.71 ml black sesame seeds
- lime wedge
- 473.18 ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 14.79 ml shallot, minced
- 14.79 ml ginger, peeled & finely chopped
- 78.07 ml creamy peanut butter
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 9.85 ml lemon zest
- 29.58 ml Southeast Asian fish sauce
- 14.79 ml hoisin sauce
- 0.59 ml black pepper, ground
- 11. Cook the soba noodles in boiling salted water for approximately 5-6 minutes or until al dente. Drain the noodles in a colander, cool with water. In small quantities dry the noodles in absorbent paper towels and place in a mixing bowl.
- 22. In a seperate bowl combine the ginger, shallots, rice vinegar, soy sauce, miso, sesame oil, red curry paste and cumin, mixing with a whisk until the vinaigrette is emulsified.
- 33. Pour the dressing over the noodles and gently toss. Cover the bowl with saran, refrigerate for 15 minutes allowing the flavors to marry.
- 44. Place the wasabi peas into a food processor and grind into crumbs. Place the wasabi crumbs into a mixing bowl with the bread crumbs, Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning and wasabi powder. Place the spiced bread crumbs evenly on a flat tray.
- 55. Remove the shells of the shrimp and butterfly. Evenly toss the shrimp with 1/4 cup of he olive oil; gently press each shrimp into the spiced bread crumbs, coating each shrimp on all sides. Lightly spray each shrimp on both sides with nonstick vegetable cooking oil.
- 66. Heat s skillet over medium heat with the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil. In batches place the shrimp in a single layer in the skillet, cook for approximately 2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn the shrimp over cooking the second side for an additional 2 minutes or until the shrimp are fully cooked. Hold the cooked shrimp on a plate with paper towels, cooking the remaining shrimp, add additional olive oil if necessary to the skillet.
- 77. Thread 2 cooked shrimp onto 12 bamboo skewers.
- 88. Remove the soba noodles from the refrigerator, gently toss with the sliced vegetables and chopped peanuts. In the center of 4 decorative serving plattersarrange the soba noodles, top each mound of noodles with 1/4 cup of mango ribbons.
- 99. Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of the Red Curry Peanut Sauce around the perimeter of each platter. Garnish the top of each serving of soba noodles with 2 sprigs of cilantro, 1 teaspoon of black sesame seeds and a lime wedge.
- 1010. Place 3 shrimp satays on each platter.
- 111. In a sauce pan combine 1 cup of the coconut milk and red curry paste stirring with a whisk to dissolve.
- 122. Simmer the sauce using low heat for approximately 3-4 minutes or until the sauce has just warmed.
- 133. Stir in the remaining ingredients, simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened to the consistency of heavy cream, stir frequently.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wasabi Crusted Shrimp Satays With Soba Noodle Salad #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1303.9
- Calories from Fat 769
- Total Fat 85.5 g
- Saturated Fat 31.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 2912.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 31.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste
Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix