Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is SO GOOD! Recipe from Emeril, Food Network! Time indicated includes marinate time for salmon.
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup toasted black and white sesame seeds, garnish
- steamed long-grain white rice
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon wasabi powder
- Marinade: Place the wasabi in a small bowl and slowly add in the water, whisking, to make a paste.
- Add the vinegar and soy, and whisk well.
- Place the salmon fillets in a glass baking dish or ziplock bag and coat evenly on both sides with the wasabi mixture.
- Season lightly with the Essence.
- Place the panko crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Turn both sides of the fillets in the crumbs to coat evenly, pressing to make the crumbs adhere.
- Set on a waxed paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- MAKE SAUCE: In a medium, heavy saucepan, combine the shallots, ginger, orange zest, wine, and orange juice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until reduced in volume by 2/3. Add the cream and cook until reduced by 1/2.
- Whisking constantly, add the butter a bit at a time, waiting until each is completely incorporated before adding the next piece.
- Continue whisking until the sauce is smooth.
- Add the soy sauce, salt, to taste, and wasabi.
- Serve warm with the Wasabi-Crusted Salmon. (NOTE: If not being served immediately, place in a hot water bath, covered, and stir occasionally).
- Salmon: In a large skillet or saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the fish and cook until medium-rare, about 3 to 4 minutes per side, depending upon the thickness of the fish.
- Divide among 4 serving plates, drizzle with the Orange-Ginger Sauce, and dust with the seeds.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice, and pass the remaining sauce at the table.
Yum! I'd give more stars if I could for this one! The sauce is so good with a great blend of flavors. It's good on the rice as well. This is pretty simple and very good. I didn't have any black sesame seeds, so just used the toasted white. Thanks Galley Wench for a great meal. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.