1/1 Photo of Wasabi Crusted Salmon With Orange Ginger Sauce
1 hr 15 mins
Galley Wench's Note:
This is SO GOOD! Recipe from Emeril, Food Network! Time indicated includes marinate time for salmon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup toasted black and white sesame seeds, garnish
- steamed long-grain white rice
- 1Marinade: Place the wasabi in a small bowl and slowly add in the water, whisking, to make a paste.
- 2Add the vinegar and soy, and whisk well.
- 3Place the salmon fillets in a glass baking dish or ziplock bag and coat evenly on both sides with the wasabi mixture.
- 4Season lightly with the Essence.
- 5Place the panko crumbs in a shallow dish.
- 6Turn both sides of the fillets in the crumbs to coat evenly, pressing to make the crumbs adhere.
- 7Set on a waxed paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 8MAKE SAUCE: In a medium, heavy saucepan, combine the shallots, ginger, orange zest, wine, and orange juice and bring to a boil.
- 9Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until reduced in volume by 2/3. Add the cream and cook until reduced by 1/2.
- 10Whisking constantly, add the butter a bit at a time, waiting until each is completely incorporated before adding the next piece.
- 11Continue whisking until the sauce is smooth.
- 12Add the soy sauce, salt, to taste, and wasabi.
- 13Serve warm with the Wasabi-Crusted Salmon. (NOTE: If not being served immediately, place in a hot water bath, covered, and stir occasionally).
- 14Salmon: In a large skillet or saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- 15Add the fish and cook until medium-rare, about 3 to 4 minutes per side, depending upon the thickness of the fish.
- 16Divide among 4 serving plates, drizzle with the Orange-Ginger Sauce, and dust with the seeds.
- 17Serve immediately with steamed rice, and pass the remaining sauce at the table.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wasabi Crusted Salmon With Orange Ginger Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1072.5
- Calories from Fat 742
- Total Fat 82.5 g
- Saturated Fat 39.6 g
- Cholesterol 250.2 mg
- Sodium 438.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 40.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
Emeril's Original Essence