Recipe by b_dazzld
The wasabi powder, which can be found in the spice aisle or Asian foods section of most supermarkets, gives the crust a spicy kick. Serve with: Packaged Asian rice pilaf enlivened with a bit of lemon peel, and green beans sprinkled with sesame seeds. Dessert: Tapioca pudding.
Top Review by Foxyrae
This was very good, but next time I wil add more wasabi...the chicken was delicious but couldn't taste the wasabi at all! The sauce definately makes this recipe though...next time I may make a double batch...thanks for a keeper! :)
- 295.73 ml panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs) or 295.73 ml fresh breadcrumbs, made from crustless french bread
- 19.71 ml wasabi powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten to blend
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, flattened to 1/3 inch thickness between plastic wrap
- 59.16 ml peanut oil
- 44.37 ml teriyaki sauce
- 44.37 ml sake
- 44.37 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine panko, wasabi powder, salt, and pepper in large shallow dish.
- Place eggs in pie dish.
- Dip chicken, 1 breast at a time, in egg, then in panko mixture.
- Turn to coat completely.
- Heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté 2 chicken breasts until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to platter.
- Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
- Add teriyaki sauce, sake, and chicken broth to skillet; bring to boil, scraping up browned bits.
- Drizzle sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions and serve.