The wasabi powder, which can be found in the spice aisle or Asian foods section of most supermarkets, gives the crust a spicy kick. Serve with: Packaged Asian rice pilaf enlivened with a bit of lemon peel, and green beans sprinkled with sesame seeds. Dessert: Tapioca pudding.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs) or 1 1/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs, made from crustless french bread
- 4 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten to blend
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, flattened to 1/3 inch thickness between plastic wrap
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 3 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1Combine panko, wasabi powder, salt, and pepper in large shallow dish.
- 2Place eggs in pie dish.
- 3Dip chicken, 1 breast at a time, in egg, then in panko mixture.
- 4Turn to coat completely.
- 5Heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Sauté 2 chicken breasts until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- 7Transfer to platter.
- 8Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
- 9Add teriyaki sauce, sake, and chicken broth to skillet; bring to boil, scraping up browned bits.
- 10Drizzle sauce over chicken.
- 11Sprinkle with sliced green onions and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wasabi Crusted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.9
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 174.1 mg
- Sodium 1172.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 36.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: