Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
From one of my favorite cookbooks, Lee Bailey's New Orleans, this salmon is to die for!
- 1 ounce wasabi (powdered)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs (toasted)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 6 salmon fillets (4-6 oz each and approximately the same size)
- 1 tablespoon butter (cold and cut into bits)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix wasabi with water to form a paste. Let it rest for 20 minutes. Place all ingredients except salmon, butter in a small bowl and combine with your hands to make a moist mixture.
- Put several tablespoons of water in a baking sheet to prevent sticking (you want a film of water in the pan) and lay the fillets on it. Pat mixture on top of each fillet to about 1/4 inch thickness. Dot with the butter and bake for 6-7 minutes. Center of fish should be slightly undercooked.
- Servie with Orange Anaheim Pepper Sauce (recipe on file here) or salsa flavored with oranges for a lighter version).