Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy and good! Serve over salmon, seared fresh ahi tuna steaks, or fresh grilled fish of your choice. You can sub snipped fresh oregano or other favorite herbs for the dill, if you like. Recipe is easily doubled.
- 3 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 -4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh ground horseradish, to taste (coarse cut, good-n-hot)
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder or 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 drop green food coloring (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill (fresh or dried)
- cracked pepper, to taste
- Stir all ingredients together and serve over fresh grilled fish of your choice--we like it over salmon. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Nice! Made this for a working lunch. I actually made sandwiches on baguettes. But the recipe was the same. Being lunch I just made sandwiches on grilled baguettes (and the salmon also grilled) and served some shredded napa cabbage. Followed almost exactly ... No food coloring, and I know you said optional. Fresh dill and if using fresh I used more. Dried is much stronger, so fresh I did use more. And cracked pepper, yes, is great with this as well as good horseradish. This is what makes the sauce so good. Simple ingredients. It would be great without the sandwich, that is just how we had it, but next time will just be over a piece of grilled salmon for dinner. Nice and spicy, but NOT too hot. It was great. Kim
The fish I made it for was Trout. It turned out wonderful. I think next time, I will add a bit more horseradish, and make sure I have fresh dill. But other than that it was superb. My mother-in-law who is the biggest critic, loved it.
First of all let me say this was really good. I didn't have horseradish, so I used creamy horseradish instead. I used too much, and when I tasted it alone, I thought, yuck! But I already had my salmon thawed out, and we don't like the taste of salmon alone. So, I put some on the cooked salmon, and lo, and behold, it was really good! We are trying to like salmon, so we are really grateful to you for this sauce that was really good on the fish! thanks.