Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Courtesy of Sandra Lee on foodnetwork.tv. Saw her prepare these and they looked very interesting and different, needless to say very tasty. It was on her episode "Asian Hot & Spicy". Chilling time is an hour.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat, drained
- 4 tablespoons wasabi mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chives
Green Onion Pancakes
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 large egg, lighly beaten
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, garnish
- 2 tablespoons prepared wasabi, garnish (optional)
- In medium bowl combine all ingredients for crabmeat mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly coat 1 side of each tortilla, with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle each of 2 tortillas, egg sides up, with 1 tablespoon sliced green onions.
- Take remaining 2 tortillas egg sides facing down and place on top of onion sprinkled tortillas.
- Press firmly together.
- With a 2" round cutter (or empty tomato paste can with top and bottom removed) carefully cut 8-10 rounds from each tortilla sandwich.
- Place green onion pancakes in a dry nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Toast pancake until golden brown on each side.
- Remove to a plate and set aside.
- To serve, spoon a small amount of crab mixture on top of each pancake.
- Garnish with chives &/or a very, very, small amount of prepared wasabi.